Saturday, March 12, 2011

"Words of the People"

One thing I use to do a lot was write songs (more like poems due to my lack of being able to play an instrument). Within the past year my momentum has died, but for a while about two years ago I was constantly writing. The following is the last song I have written. I wrote it for a girl who was going through a rough transition. I am going to try to keep my blog nice and varied from now on, and not just a wall of text.

Words of the People


Here are the words of the one who have departed
And the words of the ones who have affected you
Here is the wisdom of those who are wanted
And the wisdom of those who truly care for you
Here is the message of one who is broken
To a confused soul like you

Chorus:
 Tomorrow will bring
Whatever is wanted
Tomorrow will bring
Whatever you think is due
Tomorrow will bring
Whatever is forgotten
Tomorrow will bring
You one step closer to what is true

Here are the notes of those who have dropped out
And the notes of the ones who have learned the truth
Here are the lessons of those who are misguided
And the lessons of those who have a single clue
Here is the message from one who is fractured
To an incomplete soul like you

Chorus

Here is the story of those who are humble
And the story of those who are askew
Here is the answer to the ones who are enlightened
And the question to those who are still confused
Here is the message from one who is complete
To a young soul like you

Chorus X 2

Here is the message from one who is complete
To a young soul like you

No comments:

Post a Comment