Saturday, July 2, 2011

Update/Recurring Nightmare

Hey I am back. Actually I have been back for almost a week now but I am finding myself in another writer's block. It just needs time to past but I feel bad that I have not posted anything in over a week so I am going to talk about a little something that happened.

Everyone has a recurring nightmare. For some it could be drowning, being chased, or being naked in a store. It is our worst fears that our subconscious brings to life. Though I have had all sorts of recurring nightmares (especially being chased) I have one that appears more than others.

I am at a theater of some sort, usually back stage. Just as I am trying to grasp what is going on someone tells me I must go onstage to perform a role or cover for someone. I never know the lines and start freaking out. I get scared and nauseous. It is a pretty basic nightmare. It is just a typical case of not feeling prepared and not ready to perform. It is awful to be onstage and not know a line. I had the same nightmare last night but it was different.

Instead of me freaking out, I went onstage and just improved my lines even though I had no idea what the show was about. It turned out to be a success and the audience loved me. Though it might seem not that important maybe this is a sign I am moving on past old fears and taking more chances. Just food for thought....

I apologize once again for the lack of posts, but I figured just posting more pictures would be cheap. I will try to write more once I can. You can ask questions at my Formspring which will help me think of more ideas and give you answers.

-Brandon

1 comment:

  1. I agree--a change in a recurring nightmare indicates a healing of that theme.

    ReplyDelete